This native token will be distributed through an airdrop with no ICO, starting with the XRP holders.
A total of 45 Billion tokens will be distributed to Non-Ripple Labs holders, however we currently do not know if this will be the final cap.
These are distributed across holders with self custody and those that keep their XRP at an exchange or other provider that will support the airdrop; at the moment there is still no list of supported exchanges.
First, a snapshot will be taken of all XRP Ledger addresses at a specific ledger index number to be defined by Flare.
Second, from this snapshot, known addresses belonging to Ripple Labs, certain previous employees of Ripple Labs and any exchanges that have not confirmed their support to Flare, will be removed.
The right to claim the 45 Billion Spark tokens will then be apportioned to each remaining address according to their proportional XRP balance during the snapshot.
How to claim your Spark tokens - A step-by-step guide
1. You need to prepare a new Ethereum wallet inside Edge to be used only for the claim; this way you will not risk your funds when you need to import the private key in a future Spark wallet.
An Ethereum public address is requested, because Spark will use Ethereum addresses even if though it will run on a different protocol (Flare).
Open Edge Wallet, Create a new Ethereum wallet and give it a recognizable name.
Open your New Ethereum wallet, click Receive, share the public address to yourself via mail, copy and paste it on a note pad on your PC.
2. Now you need the Private Key of your XRP wallet containing your balance.
Export you XRP wallet Private Key by going to the Wallets page, click the 3 vertical dots on the right of your XRP wallet that contain your funds, Master Private Key, manually copy the seeds in the note pad.
3. You will need a XRP wallet able to add a ‘MessageKey’ on the account level on the XRP ledger, like Xumm.
Download Xumm, create a PIN, click on "Add Account" and on "Import existing account".
Now click on "Family Seed" and import the XRP private key you copied at during the second step.
Check the Public address: it must correspond to the one you see on Edge Wallet under your XRP wallet, Receive. Click "Confirm".
You can give an Account label to help recognize it.
4. At the moment, the only available tool to claim your tokens is https://flare.wietse.com/ by Wietse Wind.
Sign the disclaimer, warnings & acknowledgments (Please note that, as mentioned by Wietse Wind, using this tool gives you no guarantees & no support).
4. Select XUMM Sign In
5. Scan the QR Code with Xumm.
Accept the Sign In.
A "Signed successfully" message will confirm the link between Xumm and the Wietse tool.
5. Choose "Generate ETH compatible account (optional)".
Click on "Skip this step, I own an ETH compatible account & own the secret."
6. Paste the Ethereum public address you copied at step 1 and click Next.
This is my Ethereum test address, yours will be of course different but will start with 0x.
7. Now your Ethereum public address must be stored in the MessageKey field on the XRP ledger. You will need your XRP account that contain your XRP.
Confirm account ownership on the XRP Ledger.
The tool will ask you to open the AccountSet request with Xumm and sign the transaction.
If you cannot see the mentioned push notification, simply click on "Scan a QR code instead" and frame it with Xumm's QR reader.
8. Confirm the transaction on Xumm.
Once the transaction is done, you will see a confirmation message on the tool page:
Now just wait until Flare takes the snapshot. If you want, you can collect more XRP and have more Spark assigned to your account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.